Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ipsy Sample Bag Review- July 2013

As my pasty white skin can attest- I've never really been a beach person. Once I'm there- I love it, but you don't often find me saying, "oh let's go to the beach." That is- until we moved to a place that has no ocean in sight and suddenly this summer in the midst of this incredibly ridiculous heat wave, I find myself wishing I could feel that ocean air on my skin.

We are in fact, going home next month and if time will have it, I'd like to find myself a little spot in the sand and that's where this month's Ipsy bag comes into play. It was beach theme! It probably was also, one of my favorite bags to date- I loved EVERYTHING in it. 

So let's get started.



First up- the bag! Amazingly cute and pink! It's the perfect little plastic bag to just throw in your adorably cute beach tote (note to self- buy incredibly cute beach tote for the trip).


The first item in this month's Ipsy bag was Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub which I am now obsessed with for my face. I used it this week and just loved how my face looked afterwards, but would definitely suggest you only use this once a week. A huge plus- it smells incredible! I usually find most scrubs for the face don't have the best scent but this one rocked a great lemony, citrus scent.


The second item in this month's Ipsy bag was mineral sunscreen moisturizer by Coola which I had never heard of before. It was unscented which is always a big plus when I find that light sunscreen scent is always there in sunscreen moisturizers. It also dried very quickly and didn't leave a greasy feel to my face.  I used it this week under my makeup and did like it quite a bit, but am saving this for my little beach day.


The third item in this month's Ipsy bag was by big sexy hair yet again. They really love sending out the big sexy hair products and with the exception of that dry shampoo volumizing crap I have loved everything they have sent my way with this brand. They can just keep sending them, because I have bought the products after trying them, and love to save the travel size ones for my trips. The product this month was weather proof resistant spray to combat the frizz. My hair can become a hot mess in the summer with the curl to it, and frizz is just a matter of life, but this may just be the answer. I loved it when I wore it out this week, and plan on buying a bigger bottle.



The fourth item in this month's Ipsy bag was an eye shadow trio by BH Cosmetics. It was their California Collection sampler, and it's perfect. There are three shades a dark purple (just darling for night), a bronze, and a gold. The bronze which was named San Francisco had me a little weary at first, but loved it on my eyes. The purple (named Hollywood) is SO pretty, and the gold (named Malibu) when mixed with something to just tone it down a bit, was another hit. I love this little eye shadow sampler which I think would look good on any skin tone. 


The last item in this month's Ipsy bag was by Pop Beauty Cosmetics. This was my second item from them in an ispsy bag, and I really do have to check out their products more. The first was a great little mascara, and this month's item was a pouty pop crayon in coral crush. At first, I thought this was going to be a disaster, and it is BRIGHT on me, but I toned it down with another shade of lipstick and it lasted forever! 


So what did everyone else think of their July Ipsy bag????

No comments:

Post a Comment