Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sample Saturday- Amlactin Moisturizing Body Lotion


I won this!

Welcome back to sample Saturday folks! This week's sample was a surprise for me to find in the mail. It was from Amlactin, and according to the insert I had won the sample through one of their facebook page sweepstakes. I don't remember doing the sweepstakes, but a free item is a free item.


According to their website, the Amlactin Moisturizing Body lotion is fragrance free, non-greasy, and long lasting. I have been using it the last few days, and am just not impressed. Not even in the slightest. First, it's not fragrance free- when I first took a whiff of it, it did have a semi clean scent to it, but after awhile it starts to have a weird smell. I couldn't place it at first, and then it hit me- it smells like Elmers glue. Elmer's glue! No one but a kindergartner wants to smell like that. Second, it's really not long lasting. Third, it was greasy. VERY greasy, as in wake up in the middle of the night to wash it off my hands greasy. Did it make my skin particularly soft and well moisturized? Not really. It certainly wasn't impressive by any means. So final verdict: skip this product!

Next on Sample Saturdays- primers! Get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment