Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sample Society Box June 2013 Review

My June sample society box was the first box to arrive this month. I know I keep saying this, but I love how fast they do arrive on my doorstep. It's definitely a fabulous little way to start off each month.

This month had to be one of my favorite months, and it wasn't because I got to try new products that I never had tried before, but because they sent me REPLACEMENTS for two favorites in my makeup kit! I know the purpose is to often try new things for me, but getting two things I already love just made my day!

Shall we begin???



Diptyque Eau Moheli-0.6 oz.-SS - I'll start with the worst part of the box- this product. In my first review of Sample Society where I discussed the pros and cons I had encountered so far with this sample box, I mentioned that apparently they sent this out quite a bit as a product. This is now my second sample of this overpriced, and horribly smelling perfume. Well, its not horrible smelling, that may be a bit harsh, it's just too heavy for me. My mom gets this added to her goody bag. 








Illume Desert Tulip Tin- This was so adorable!!! I loved the cute little packaging for this product and the smell is really fantastic, a light floral. My husband liked it, and it will most likely be burning next week when my family is in town to visit with us. I would definitely buy a full size for this candle and may just do that this month with my sample society discount , or just another small size like this one to bring with me when we travel. Also can I just say that the full size glass is so pretty with that print! It's a decoration in itself!




Murad Age Reform AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser-1 oz.- I'm pretty much obsessed with Murad products. Everything that I have ever tried for them just is golden in my book, and this replaces the cleanser that I recently used the last of. I love how clean it smells, and how most of their products seem to not be heavy on scent. I just wish their products weren't so expensive. I buy anything by them and I ration it out like crazy.



Philosophy Hope In a Jar- I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Philosophy as previously noted in another post. I do like how this product works, but I just can't get past the scent- it's a strong pine scent- which is probably up there as one of my least favorite scents! It's a pretty strong smell, even my husband has commented on it when I crawl into bed. Maybe to someone else this wouldn't be as offensive, as I'm sure there are some people out there that love the pine scent, I just wish this came in a different scent, because although it works, I find myself not wanting to use it. My mom gets this as well as well next week (as well as a practically full size one that I jumped ship on last month). 



Stila Cosmetics Lip Glaze-Apricot-Deluxe Sample- I am in love with Stila products, and this lipstick. I already have a full size of it, that I keep in my purse, but like most people when they switch out purses, it sometimes gets left behind. So now I have a small little spare. This is seriously one of my favorite lip glazes, it's a little sticky, but I love that it has just enough color to make an impact- hello gorgeous!


As I said earlier, this was definitely a great month because I just fell in love with that silly little candle, and two of my favorite products were replaced. Even the philosophy product wasn't a total letdown, because I know it will be used by my mom who I've been slowly trying to get her to try new products. 

What did everyone else think of the Sample Society June 2013 box?????


No comments:

Post a Comment