Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Crockpot Orange Chicken








 I've been trying to make more recipes from pinterest and not just be a pinning fool all the time.

Tonight I decided to make crockpot orange chicken because my husband loves Chinese food. Loves it. It's honestly not my favorite, but the recipe looked easy enough (anything less than four ingredients is always fabulous) so I decided to make a go of it.

The original recipe can be found here. 

Here are the ingredients:

Chicken
BBQ Sauce - the recipe used Sweet Baby Ray's and that is my absolute favorite. Definitely use it.
Orange Marmalade
Soy Sauce

The recipe was incredibly easy. Place the chicken breasts in the crockpot and cook on high for three hours. I would recommend doing smaller chicken breasts, and if you only have larger ones to cut them into smaller sizes.

uncooked chicken is never attractive

After three hours, mix the other three ingredients. I decided to double the recipe on the sauce, because I really wanted the chicken to soak it all in, plus have extra to dip the chicken in.  Cook on high for another half hour.

the sauce did smell delicious even if it looked kinda gross.
Sorry no attractive pictures this post. 

And you're good to go.


orange crockpot chicken- it was delicious- I swear. 



See? Super easy. Add some rice or veggies, and it's a completely hassle free meal.  It was absolutely delicious and we will be making it again.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment