Monday, May 6, 2013

Sample Society May 2013 Box Review

So my May box from Sample Society arrived on Friday. Friday! I think that is the fastest the box has ever made it to my front door. This is why I love Sample society, they get their boxes out the door right at the start of the month, none of this waiting and guessing, and boxes going missing like other companies.

So let's get to it.





Alterna Bamboo Shine Luminous Shine Mist-Deluxe Sample - okay the other month they sent another product by them, their oil mist, which is pretty great. I passed it along to my coworker (since it was my second bottle after getting one in a sample thing from Sephora) and she loved it. This product was pretty fabulous too, I used it on my hair last night when we went to see Iron Man 3 (side note- loved it- go see it) and I definitely loved how my hair looked, nice and shiny.





Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream Deluxe Sample- Very excited to get this in this month's box. I have really interested in trying the Yu-Be brand, but haven't gotten around to ordering any of it yet. I'm really trying to work my way through all my samples and lotions before ordering new stuff since I don't think my husband loves the drawers of samples that have taken over our house. I did use on this on my skin before going to bed, and my skin felt so soft.  However, it is also very greasy, and does not blend in easily. I thought I was putting on sunscreen with how thick and white it was. So its definitely for night use and I would most likely not use it during the day. 




Dr. Brandt Flexitone BB Cream SPF 30 SS- Another BB cream. Very happy with this, tried the other day with my makeup and loved it just like last month's. I know, it was a little disappointing to get another BB cream in this month's box, BUT I like trying the different varities especially since companies are pushing BB creams like crazy right now, so its hard to navigate through all of them to find the one right for you, especially since it gets pricey to try them only to have it be a disaster. So bring on the BB creams Sample Society, I am all for trying different ones. 


Kate Somerville 360 Tanning Towelette Deluxe Sample-SS- So this is a very interesting product, wipes that give you a self glowing tan. Unfortunately I have completely embraced the pale-vampire like state of my skin, so this was of no use to me. I passed it on to a coworker who I am sure will love it.




Jane Iredale Forever Pink Just Kissed Lip & Cheek Stain-SS- I tried this on Saturday as a lipstick but it was a bit too orange for me, had to mix it with a pink and some red to get a shade that was closer to a pale magenta. So on its own for a lipstick, it wasn't for me. I will have to experiment with it as a blush, but not sure how that will work, since I have little experience with cheek stains. Fingers crossed that it works, since a peach shade should work with my skin. 


cute little container
very peachy pink. 


So what did everyone else think of the May 2013 Sample Society Box? Were you pleased?

No comments:

Post a Comment